Monday, January 13, 2014

Atlanta Gift Mart Recap


Whew!  Well, the Atlanta Mart was... Awesome.  I took a different approach this Market and didn't stress too much about my portfolio or making a bazillion appointments.  It's been a busy 6 months both personally and professionally, so I kind of just needed to regroup and figure out my game plan for the upcoming year.  I also wanted to focus on the biggest project that I've been working on which is my Mini Garden collection with Magnet Works / Studio M!

We developed new individual mini pieces and also introduced KITS this Market (fun!).  We continued the Gypsy theme using my bright colors and patterns, and also added in a little Zen and Coastal to mix it up.  I about passed out when I walked into the showroom and finally got to see everything come to life with all of the plants and props...  Y'all...  It was incredible...  Their showroom(s) blew my mind!!!  They even won the award for Best of Floor for the second year in a row!  Everything just exceeded my wildest expectations, and to see the pieces that I've been putting my heart and soul into for the past year finally here and ready to share with the world got me a little teary, not even gonna lie...  I can't thank the store owners enough who have picked up the collection for their shops and who continue to place reorders.  I really love this gig, and to hear stories from people of all ages and walks of life who are enjoying the line makes me a very happy gal :).  So without further ado, here are some pics from the show...

Main showroom in The Gardens...

Mini garden in a guitar!!!

Mini garden in a vintage picnic basket!!!

Mini garden in a grill!!!

The back of the camper/display of individual pieces...

Zen Garden...

 Coastal Garden...

Me + Anne Brown, aka my fairy godsista, aka the best Art Director on the planet!  Gypsy Garden would not have existed if it weren't for Anne taking a chance on me and my work, and her incredible vision leading the way...

I couldn't have asked for a better partnership...  Her + Sue + Curt + the rest of the team at Magnet Works / Studio M really are the best...  Can't wait to keep working with these guys and to see what the future holds!  I'll end this post with my favorite quote, hopefully without sounding like too much of a cheese-ball... "DREAMS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU DO."  You gotta just keep on Truckin'...

XO,
Genevieve

P.S.- Just a reminder, you can find other updates and mini inspiration on my FB, Instagram, and Pinterest pages!

2 comments:

Josephine said...

I'm so happy I ran into you at the show Genevieve! Your line with Studio M looked absolutely AMAZING!! Lovely work and congrats!!! All the best to you!!

Phyllis Dobbs said...

It was great meeting you at market at the artist gathering!!