Thursday, March 21, 2013

Guest Room Hand Painted Wood Sign

Guest Room Hand Painted Sign Guest Room Hand Painted Sign

The Guest Room sign that I've been dreaming up in my head for months is now complete!  I was first inspired by this pin and thought it would be cute to come up with some kind of statement piece to go above the bed.  Not that it needed much more of a statement with my hot pink and gold-y damask wallpaper (LOVE)!  This is definitely my Girly-Girl room...  The one place in the house where I do not have to compromise the decorating decisions with the Hubs.  For the most part we agree style-wise, but he definitely was not feeling the wallpaper AT ALL until recently when he admitted it was "kind of growing on him" ;).

So... I made a template out of poster board, traced it on some plywood, Brian cut it for me with a jigsaw, I made the lettering layout in Photoshop, printed and traced the letters onto the wood, painted, sanded, and voila!  I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to finally have company over!

I've got some other really cute art in the room I can't wait to show y'all too so stay tuned...

XO,
Genevieve

No comments: