Friday, January 4, 2013

New Partnership with Studio M / Magnet Works

Source: magnetworks.com via Genevieve Gail on Pinterest

So speaking of Happy, this news makes me really, really HAPPY!  I am so pumped to announce my new licensing partnership with Studio M, a division of Magnet Works.

First off let me say that the people from Magnet Works are some of the nicest I have ever worked with. Studio M is their new giftware division and I feel super blessed that they took me on for their debut launch.  My Gypsy Garden Collection is an expansion of my 2-D patterns turned into a whole world of 3-Dimensional miniatures!  These minis were created for miniature/container gardening which is becoming a new and exciting trend across the country.  Each piece I either drew or sculpted by hand to get the exact shape/color/texture that I wanted to come across, and I'm thrilled about the way the final pieces turned out!

The craziest part of this experience is that I used to make little miniature things as a kid, and now I'm getting paid to do it as an adult!  I remember sitting in my room 20+ years ago making tiny animals out of Sculpey (yes, I was a dork), so I just had to smile when I was sitting on my bed making prototypes of owls, turtles, and snails out of the same stuff (but hopefully less dorky this time around- ha!)...  Anyway, I hope you guys like the line as much as I do...  It's awesome to see this project come to life!

I will also have a group of Drink Blots out with Studio M.  They are super cool- each coaster has a different design on it, and they are made right here in the good ol' U. S. of A...  I'll try to get those photographed over the weekend and share some pics next week...

Anyway, I will be in Atlanta next Thursday and Friday for the debut, so if any of you guys are going to the Mart please stop by the Magnet Works booth to check out all of their new products!  There will also be a "Miniature Gardening How-To" seminar from 1-2 that will be featuring my line- can't wait to go to see  the products in action and learn even more about miniature gardening...

XO,
Genevieve

1 comment:

Jamie Evelyn said...

Your blog is amazing! I love going to the Mart and I can not imagine how it must feel to have your own work on display! So exciting! Congrats