Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Feels good to spruce up my lil' Etsy shop! I have stocked up on some treasures that are perfect for Summer as well as changed the shop banner and styling to a simpler/more streamlined look. I brought back my best selling Be Free Bird Necklace as well as an oldie-but-goodie Enjoy the Ride Pickup Necklace. I also threw in a few brand new styles like the Owl Tassel and Bee Charmer necklaces.
The Bee was from a drawing I did a while back that never found his "right fit" on paper. Then about a month ago I had a special request from a previous customer to do a couple custom bee necklaces and voila! I converted the drawing into laser cut wood and the Bee Charmer was born! I liked the way it turned out so much I decided to keep it in my regular rotation :)
Anyway, hope you guys like the Revamp!
Sunday, May 27, 2012
To all of my U.S. peeps, hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend. Mine has been awesome so far- very relaxing and just what I needed! Yesterday was the best- Hubs and I decided to have a "Day of Fun"- no plans, no worries, no obligations- we just hit the road to see where it would take us... We definitely need to do this more often as I tend to view the weekends as time to get stuff done instead of time to regroup. From here on out I'm definitely going to make an effort to at least have one of these days a month.
I would also like to mention that Instagram might just be my new BFF. I love me some old-timey camera filters and the instant-no-fuss-posting-feature is definitely a plus. Here are some pics from the weekend so far...
1. Hitting the road for the "Day of Fun"
2. The State Botanical Gardens of Georgia
3. Neat Things Antique Shop in Carlton, Ga (I tried to find a link to share but the town is so small I can't even find it on google). This place is a hidden treasure that I had never been to before but I'm so glad Brian and I made the trek out there. It was full of all kinds of interesting stuff... I debated back and forth on whether or not to get that Dolly Parton book... It was quite the gem, but I'm trying to simplify/declutter my life so I had to put her back. Sorry, Dolly.
After antiquing we drove through Watson Mill Bridge State Park (too hot/crowded to stop yesterday but we hope to go back soon because it's a pretty neat place), ate at one of our favorite taco joints, got some frozen yogurt, and hit the bookstore (I always collect a stack of craft and home mags to read and Hubs goes straight for the golf mags, it works out well for the both of us). Overall it was a really great day :)
4. Today we went to our neighbors house for a quick visit. Those are their donkeys. Cute, huh?! Anyway, they had a starter heirloom tomato plant to give us and I just had to laugh when they said it was the "Dolly Parton" heirloom variety! How ironic :)
5. Finishing up some jewelry tonight. Those lil' bees are a custom order that I'm about to ship out. I really REALLY love the way they turned out and have an extra on hand that I may list in my shop (if I can bare to part with it until I can make some more). Speaking of my poor neglected Etsy shop, I have been working on some new inventory and plan a revamp/relaunch very very soon! Yay! I'm excited.
I have a huge to-do list for the week ahead, and some really fun things coming up! This post is getting pretty long, so I will save the details for later but I will give you a heads up that one of the things is a HUGE/GIGANTIC/AWESOME giveaway!!! Check back later this week, you won't want to miss it...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Back from Hangout! Good times, good music (the Chili Peppers especially made my weekend/month/year, they were SO great live)... Oh, and that's me and my girl Keri sporting our magical headbands at the Edward Sharpe show. Yes, I was the craft nerd that brought a glue gun/feathers/sparkles to the beach and have decided that if this whole art thing doesn't pan out I will travel the globe selling custom headbands at musical festivals (kidding. kind of.) Anyway, it was really nice to take a break and recharge 'mah batteries, but now it's back to the grind... Realizing that June is only a week away (what?!), so it's time to hunker down and get ready for the Atlanta Gift Show in July... Feeling inspired again, so time to break out the paint brushes...
P.S.- I'm now on Instagram under username genevievegail :)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Headed out to the Hangout Music Fest at the crack of dawn Friday morning! Cannot wait!!! Making my list of things to pack...
1. Super-cute-stitched-up backpack to haul water bottles, towels, camera, keys, etc.
2. Chunky glitter polish - it's an OPI Kardashian Kolor, don't judge, it's good stuff and will make your nails look like they were painted by a unicorn ;)
3. L* Space Fringe Swimsuit
4. Shades (and sunscreen, etc. to beat the heat)
5. Road Trip "Mix Tape" with diddies from the bands playing at the show to get us girls pumped up for the weekend ahead!
Alabama Shakes Hold On
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Home
Red Hot Chili Peppers Soul to Squeeze
Steve Winwood Back in the High Life (despite Steve-O rockin' the mullet in this video, the song still remains one of my faves)
Mavis Staples and Jeff Tweedy You Are Not Alone
The Greyboy Allstars Still Waiting
There's a ton of other great bands to mention that will be there but it's getting late and I've got to start packing!
Talk to y'all next week!
Sunday, May 13, 2012
I'm so excited about Amy Anderson's new book, Mod Podge Rocks! I've been a fan of Amy and her blog for a long time now, and a fan of Mod Podge for even longer (full disclosure: I am not getting paid to say any of this, I just really love the stuff)! It's always been one of my favorite crafting mediums, so I was pumped when I found out my Dress Form and Bird's Nest Boxes would be included in her book. Thanks so much, Amy, YOU rock!
UPDATE: Surgery cancelled...to be continued...
Friday, May 11, 2012
So Wednesday I hopped on a plane to Cleveland for my meeting I mentioned a couple weeks ago. It was awesome. The people I met with were super nice/creative/fun and I really hope we can partner on some products in the upcoming months... Can't say much about the details, but overall it went really well and they have even offered to show some of my work at Surtex! The timing couldn't have been more perfect as I decided not to have a booth this year, but now I still get to have a little bit of exposure at the show in their booth and hopefully some new leads may come of it... So, if you are at the show, hop on over to the 3 Birds/Pulsar booth #545 and check out what they have to offer :)
Now you may be wondering why I have the pics posted above... Well it turns out that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is also in Cleveland! I have always wanted to go there as music has always had such a strong influence in my life/work. I had an hour to kill before I needed to head to the airport, so after my meeting I was offered a ride to the Hall of Fame in their Tuk Tuk! What?! Yes, they have their own motorized rickshaw (I told you they were nice/creative/fun people!). We pulled up to the building and they just so happened to be having a special exhibit on one of my all-time-favorite-favorite-favorite bands, The Grateful Dead. Such an awesome/random/grateful day... Thank you, Pulsar!!!