Thursday, June 28, 2012

Keep Truckin'...


Man, there is a lot going on around here lately...  Some good things (cranking out some really cute new designs to pitch at the Atlanta Mart next month!), some really horrible things (finding out a company overseas stole my artwork and has been selling it without my permission.  There is so much I could say on this topic and how I really feel about it, but at this point trying to take the high road and hope we can come to some sort of resolution...), and some things that I'm just trying to go with the flow with...  When I'm feeling stressed out I can always go to my "happy place" by doing something creative.  A good friend recently told me her trick for getting through tough times is to find what makes you happy and to stay as busy as possible doing it.  Simple enough, but a good reminder for me just to keep on truckin' no matter what...  Here's a little glimpse of some projects I've been working on this past week...

A dear friend just adopted a sweet little baby girl so I made her something for the nursery.  This project was fairly simple so if you are ever in need for a baby or birthday gift just round up the following materials and get to Craftin':  wood plaque, wood letter, wood glue, scrapbook paper, coordinating acrylic paint, Mod Podge, sandpaper (or I used my Dremmel), and a metal hook for the back.  I found all of my materials at Michaels and Hobby Lobby with the exception of the paper I printed myself (it's a new design I've been kicking around.  Shady A$$ Pattern Thieves, don't even think about it...)

Plaque for a Friend
I also finished up some new bird necklaces for my shop.  It makes me happy that people still love this necklace.  A lot of my business comes from repeat customers that love their bird so much that they buy one (or two) for their friends!  That makes me feel pretty good about what I do... :)

Batch of Birds
 Oh, and speaking of Craftiness, have you guys seen Craft Wars?  It's Good Stuff.  I mean, it combines two loves of my life:  Crafting and Reality TV.  Tori Spelling is pretty Fab too.  She has a great sense of style, fun personality, throws great parties, and is a total "friend in my head."  Or maybe she's more a "crafty-cousin-twice-removed in my head" since we both have lines out with Darice and had our work shown side by side in the Pulsar booth at Surtex this year- except she's the cool rich cousin that lives in California.  Ha!  So anyway, if you haven't seen Craft Wars yet you should check it out, at least for the gigantic supply wall alone *drool*...

XO,
Genevieve

P.S.- don't forget to enter to win the Mod Podge Giveaway!  Contest will be closed in just a couple days...

No comments: