Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend and the Days Ahead...

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Hi Guys!

To all of my U.S. peeps, hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend.  Mine has been awesome so far- very relaxing and just what I needed!  Yesterday was the best- Hubs and I decided to have a "Day of Fun"- no plans, no worries, no obligations- we just hit the road to see where it would take us...  We definitely need to do this more often as I tend to view the weekends as time to get stuff done instead of time to regroup.  From here on out I'm definitely going to make an effort to at least have one of these days a month.

I would also like to mention that Instagram might just be my new BFF.  I love me some old-timey camera filters and the instant-no-fuss-posting-feature is definitely a plus.  Here are some pics from the weekend so far...

1.  Hitting the road for the "Day of Fun"

2.  The State Botanical Gardens of Georgia

3.  Neat Things Antique Shop in Carlton, Ga (I tried to find a link to share but the town is so small I can't even find it on google).  This place is a hidden treasure that I had never been to before but I'm so glad Brian and I made the trek out there.  It was full of all kinds of interesting stuff...  I debated back and forth on whether or not to get that Dolly Parton book...  It was quite the gem, but I'm trying to simplify/declutter my life so I had to put her back.  Sorry, Dolly.

After antiquing we drove through Watson Mill Bridge State Park (too hot/crowded to stop yesterday but we hope to go back soon because it's a pretty neat place), ate at one of our favorite taco joints, got some frozen yogurt, and hit the bookstore (I always collect a stack of craft and home mags to read and Hubs goes straight for the golf mags, it works out well for the both of us).  Overall it was a really great day :)

4.  Today we went to our neighbors house for a quick visit.  Those are their donkeys.  Cute, huh?!  Anyway, they had a starter heirloom tomato plant to give us and I just had to laugh when they said it was the "Dolly Parton" heirloom variety!  How ironic :)

5.  Finishing up some jewelry tonight.  Those lil' bees are a custom order that I'm about to ship out.  I really REALLY love the way they turned out and have an extra on hand that I may list in my shop (if I can bare to part with it until I can make some more).  Speaking of my poor neglected Etsy shop, I have been working on some new inventory and plan a revamp/relaunch very very soon!  Yay!  I'm excited.

I have a huge to-do list for the week ahead, and some really fun things coming up!  This post is getting pretty long, so I will save the details for later but I will give you a heads up that one of the things is a HUGE/GIGANTIC/AWESOME giveaway!!!  Check back later this week, you won't want to miss it...

Until then...

XO,
Genevieve


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that Dolly P scrapbook at Jimmy Poss' place. :)

Laura