Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Space for a New Year

STUDIO Redo Inspiration

Ok, so my last post really got me thinking... I want to redo my art studio.  I need to get rid of a lot of stuff I don't need.  I want a space that inspires me again.  I want a space where I can relax and FOCUS on my work.  I've had a lot of ideas floating around my head for a while, but Pinterest has helped me put them together in a cohesive way.  And then Photoshop helped me make a Mood Board (I forgot how much I like making mood boards!) So... here's what I'm thinking...

FLOORS: Oh pretty, yellow, hand-painted floors, I will miss you, but you gots to go...  After a couple of years my floor looks way more than "weathered" and just plain ol' awful.  I shall replace them with dark cork ("easy" to install, enviro friendly product, nice earthy/antique/warm look, etc.)

WALLS: Since the hand-painted floors are going I would like to do a hand-painted accent wall.  I probably should have learned my lesson from the floor experience but I'm going attempt another large scale painting project since I don't have the budget or want to try and learn how to hang wallpaper.  I think I will make a stencil though, and not to free-hand it.  That might help a little bit, we'll see...

COLOR: I'm sticking to 2 main colors that inspire me most- turquoise and green

ACCENTS: Ok, so I can't believe I did this but I bought that furry desk chair you see up above.  It's borderline crazy person, and my Hubs is probably going to think it's awful, but I just had to have it.  I don't know why, I just did.  The way I see it though I spend countless hours at my desk working everyday so I figured why not get a comfortable/fun chair right?!

So I'm not sure how long this redo will take since I've got some major deadlines I need to be focusing on right now, but my goal is to have my new space done by the end of February.  I think that's pretty manageable, especially if I just to a little bit each week.  I'll keep y'all posted...

XO,
Genevieve

3 comments:

Kathy Weller said...

I love your furry chair! you can count on one more fan of it! Your plan sounds fabulous for your room- I look forward to seeing it! :D Good luck in Atlanta!

Libby Embry said...

GEN. That chair ROCKS. Do Surtex!!!! You can do it girl!!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks, Ladies :)