Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Word for 2012

FOCUS
So a lot of people pick theme words for 2012 and I think that's a pretty good idea.  Just one simple word to remind you of how you want to shape the year ahead.  I picked "Focus" because I think it works side by side with "Simple".  I want to make specific goals, focus on making them happen, and simplify my life by getting rid of all the other junk that is not important.

WORK FOCUS:
Find a couple of really great companies to add to my licensing partners list.  When I got into licensing I decided early on that I would like to find a small handful of really great companies to work with instead of getting my work out to as many companies as possible.  I'd like to focus on the partnerships that I feel are not only good financially, but also partnerships that really "get" me and my work.  Companies that make quality products and support their artists.

Get back in to the fabric game.  Man, I miss textiles.  I want to create some awesome new collections and find a fabric manufacturer that thinks they are awesome too...

Surtex.  This one is tricky.  If I'm going to do it again I need to decide, like now...  Doing that show was one of the biggest milestones of my life.  Everyone says it's an investment and that you should commit to it for at least a couple of years, but man, it's expensive.  So, if I'm gonna do it, I gotta go all out and make this year's show even better than the last.  Any of you that have exhibited there before I would love to know your thoughts on this...

PERSONAL LIFE:

I don't really get too personal here on the blog, but let's just say last year had it's moments of good and not-so-good (as I'm sure everyone's did, right?!).  I'd definitely like to simplify my life this year.

I need to cut out clutter and have a simpler, more organized space for my work.
I need to limit going out to eat so much, and have more home cooked meals (healthier and saves $$$)
I need to focus on spending more time with Family and Friends
I need to stop reading so many blogs (seriously, I waste SO much time on the computer).  Does anyone have a tip for this?  Should I just quit cold turkey or limit myself to reading them once or twice a week?
I need to go outside more.
I need to stop letting things bother me so much and FOCUS on the good things I have in my life...

Well, that's about it.  Looking forward to 2012!!!

XO,
Genevieve

1 comment:

Kathy Weller said...

It's great to read your goals. I post a lot of stuff on my blog but I don't post specific goals publicly and I admire the ability to go on and do that by others, plus, I just plain enjoy reading other peoples' lists! It's always itneresting to find out how much ALIKE we all are!! You know? :D Hope you have a wonderful year!!! :D