Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend in Pictures...


Hey Guys!  Hope y'all had a great weekend.  Ours started off pretty fun as over 300 kayakers from Paddle Georgia started their 106 mile/6 day journey at my Dad's place Saturday morning.  It was neat to see all of the people float by while by my Sis-In-Law and I were on the bank working on my Dad's party boat.  Party boat?  Yep.  Well, it's actually and old pontoon that we are converting into a stage for when the bands come to play.   Dad is even building a deck "dock" type thing to extend the stage out a few feet.  I took some before pictures, so I'll be sure to share the after pics when we are through...

After working on the boat for a few hours we met up with some friends at Terrapin, our local Athens brewery.  They had brewed a few small specialty batches for a summer luau and although the weather didn't hold up we still had a lot of fun.  Brian and I even took the tour and learned more about the process...

Well, here's to another week ahead... I've got a few projects on the "to do" list including a training session for a new company I'm going to be working with (woot! will share deets as soon as I can...), some paintings I need to finish, and a birthday invitation design for one of my friend's baby's first birthdays!  Oh, and cleaning the art studio :(

Have a great week!
XO,
Genevieve

No comments: