Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Out/In

Out with the Old
OUT: Stuff in my closet that should have been gone a long time ago.  My previous method of decluttering was to go through and get rid of things that I hadn't worn in a year.  This method was ok, but it hadn't really been getting the job done.  This time around I took EVERYTHING out of my closet first and only put back what would fit in the space without looking crammed/junky.  It took me all day to do it this way but in the end it was worth it.  I put back my favorite clothes and shoes first, then left the "maybes" to put back last.  When I was out of room in the closet then the "maybes" that were left had to go.  It was a lot easier to get rid of things and pass them on knowing I already had a closet full of clothes that I loved and not hang on to stuff that I kinda/sorta liked...

In with the New
IN: A big 'ole box of samples from one of my latest collections!  There's some fun stuff in there and I've got plenty to go around, so stay tuned this week to see what's in the box and how you can win some of the goods... ;)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I need to do this too, I like your method. I usually just take something out when I buy somthing new, but always end of being short on hangers for some reason. Can't wait to see your goodies!

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Woot woot! Three cheers for the 'in'! I reeeeally need to do this. I'm tired of cramming stuff into my closet. It's just that I have that, "I miiiight wear this" disease prohibiting me from getting the job done. Baaa! You are inspiring me, though...