Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Wendy Williams Show...

So what can I say about being on the Wendy show last week?  It was CRAZY!  Crazy fun, that is.  I've never been to a taping of any type of show before so I really didn't know what to expect.  I was told to get to the studio at 8am and taping would start at 10am.  So, my taxi pulled up to the studio bright and early and I got out and jumped in the line that was forming in front of the building.  A guy came up with a clipboard, asked my name, and checked me off his list.  Then he asked me where I was from (I got a lot of that in NYC because of my accent I guess) so I told him I was from Georgia.  Right after that another girl walked up in the line behind me.  He asked for her name, etc. and with a puzzled look then said "Are you from Georgia too?"  She had a similar Southern accent but said she was from South Carolina.  The gal and I got to talking while waiting in line and turns out we had the exact same shoes on too!  How weird is that?  Needless to say, in a sea of New Yorkers waiting to get into the show everyone there including the producers thought that we came together.

Fast forward an hour and the crowd was shuffled into a waiting room/holding room and asked to fill out a question for the "Ask Wendy" segment.  I just wrote down something lame because I couldn't think of anything and not to mention if I did have a serious problem there is no way I would broadcast it on T.V.!  Well, Miss South Carolina wrote down quite a few questions and the producers ended up calling her name along with a couple of other people to go to a different area of the studio.  They were asked about their questions more in depth and seated ahead of time for the live taping.  Then the producers said that everyone else could enter the taping area and they would seat us accordingly.

I walked into the taping area and Miss South Carolina was sitting in the very front row with one empty seat next to her.  One of the producers saw me and said "oh, here, come sit in the front, you guys are together , right?"  I blabbered something about "no, we just met in line..." but the producer said "oh no worries, just sit her anyway" and Miss South Carolina motioned me over.  So there I was sitting in the front row, freaking out, super excited, but thinking "oh crap, what if I'm on TV, I should have fixed my hair better this morning, I'll have to keep my legs crossed and sit completely straight so the cameras can't see up my dress, did I shave my legs?..." (Mind you, this was the day after Surtex ended so I was definitely a little out of it...).

Sorry, I'll try to speed this post up because it's getting a little long... So this really fun guy from the show came out to hype up the crowd, there was a DJ playing music, they had a big dance party on the floor before taping started, another producer came out to make us practice jumping up and down, saying "ooooh" and "aaaaaah" and clapping, and then they gave us the countdown, Wendy entered the stage and taping started...

It was nuts.  I really do watch her show almost every day so to be there in person was pretty cool.  Wendy is just so much fun and I really was cracking up the whole time (no forced "oooh"s and "aaaah"s and laughs from me!).  But I kind of did black out when she came over and started talking to Miss Carolina and I.  Oh yes, we were on the show!  Again, crazy.  Wendy was talking about all the Arnold Schwarzenegger drama one minute, then she looked in the audience and told Miss Carolina that she had the same wig as her.  Then Wendy asked Miss South Carolina where she was from, then something like "Oh, and you came here with your friend next to you?", then we said no that we met in line, then she asked where I was from, then I gave a shoutout to Athens, Ga (oh yes I did), then I said something about our shoes matching, then they zoomed in on our feet, then I panicked again about "did I shave my legs?", then it was over... whew...  and then I had to run out and catch my plane back home...

Anyway, it was a really fun time.  My friend taped it for me so I got to watch it over the weekend, but here is a picture I took of the T.V. to share with you guys, ha!  (and yes my dress was the same exact color as the chairs, go figure...)

I was on the Wendy Williams Show!

4 comments:

Lavender Rabbit said...

That was super cool, getting to be on the show and everything. You look awesome!

Libby Embry said...

LOL! you crack me up! that's so awesome.

Stefanie Scarborough said...

That is lolltastic. Great story!! And might I add you look so poised and stunning on tv ;) Maybe HGTV saw the cute clip and are working on The Genevieve Gail Show right now! Love ya, G!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks, Lovlies! It was a good time!