Monday, May 23, 2011

Surtex 2011 Recap

Whew!  What a whirlwind... after months and months of planning and preparing, Surtex has come and gone.  I'm still collecting my thoughts on the whole experience, but overall I'm really glad I did it.  I made some solid contacts and now I'm back home working on the most important part of cementing deals, the follow-up.  So, here's a little peak into what the experience was like (photos courtesy of Lauren Harrell)...

My final booth layout...
Surtex 2011

That started out like this...
Surtex 2011

Cutting and taping and putting together...
Surtex 2011

Lauren hanging the panels (couldn't have done this without her, so grateful for her company, totally made the trip a million times more fun...)
Surtex 2011

My product shelves...
Surtex 2011

My booth sign (I forgot to make a cute one, so I just taped some leftover pom-pom trim to the bottom of the one the show provided and called it a day)...
Surtex 2011

This is my favorite picture that Lauren took.  She's holding the Photoshop mockup picture I brought in front of the finished booth.  The booth turned out pretty much exactly how I envisioned it which was really cool...  It kind of sums up one of my favorite parts about being an artist- seeing something in my head and making it come to life...
Surtex 2011

Surtex 2011

Thanks to all of you for your support along the way.  I'll be sure to keep you posted on future projects that are a result from the show!

Have a great week...
XO,
Genevieve

5 comments:

Stefanie Scarborough said...

You have SO much to be proud of, lovely lady. Everything looks amazing, polished, and sooo you (which is what I love most about it). Congratulations on this accomplishment!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks so much, Stef. That really means a lot! XO

Libby Embry said...

Gen! Your booth looks AWESOME! So beautiful. Hope you had a great show!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks, Libby! It was a good show! XO

Josephine said...

It was so great to meet you Genevieve!!! Your booth was full of earthy gorgeousness!!