Saturday, May 7, 2011

1 week and counting...

Surtex Banners

Alright folks, one week from tomorrow I will be sitting in my Surtex booth in NYC.  Crazy...  I still can't allow myself to get excited yet, not until everything on my checklist is checked off...but I'm getting closer...  My wall panels arrived *sigh of relief* and I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  Although ordering them was an experience all in itself...  I had called the company's customer service number to see if I could have my panels made without the grommets.  The convo went a little something like this...

Customer Service Dude: (in a just-got-up-outta-bed at 3:00 in the afternoon voice) Umm, hey, yeah, umm thanks for calling ------.com
Me: Hi, I was about to order some of your panels and wanted to see if I could get them made without the grommets
CSD: Naw, that's just how they come
Me:  Ok, well it looks like on your site there is a grommet in each corner, is that right?
CSD:  Naw, there are holes are all around it
Me:  Ok, so why does the picture online show one in each corner?
CSD:  I mean, I dunno, that's just a picture on the internet
Me: Well it's on your website describing your product
CSD: Yeah, I dunno where that picture came from
Me: Can I please speak to a manager?
CSD: Um, yeah, ok, hold on... (he puts me on hold for a couple minutes)
CSD:  Umm, hey, thanks for calling ------.com
Me: I was holding for a manager
CSD: Um, yeah, ok, hold on... (he puts me on hold for a few more minutes)
CSD:  Umm, hey, thanks for calling ------.com
Me: Still me, Buddy!
* and then I got so mad I hung up *

BUT, the panels were so cheap compared to everywhere else (like, a lot a lot less) so I went against my better judgement and just ordered them anyway and hoped for the best.  I know, it's totally true what they say, "you get what you pay for" but my Surtex budget was dwindling fast so I just had to roll with it and pray that the dude on the phone wasn't the person making the panels in a back alley somewhere.  Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess....  So, I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my package almost a week earlier than promised (what?!) and the printing quality was excellent!  Whew...one thing checked off the list... now on to the last twenty...

XO,
Genevieve

P.S.- and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommas out there

2 comments:

Jenean said...

You are going to do so great at Surtex!! I'm glad the banners turned out great. Just curious--were there "holes all around it"?

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks so much, Jenean! Fortunately there were only a few "holes" and they are pretty small so you can't really tell!