Monday, April 11, 2011

5 weeks and counting...

Good Mornin', Sunshines

Happy Monday, Everybody!  The week ahead is jam packed full of Surtex prep and the anxiety is starting to kick in as there are only 5 weeks left until showtime.  5 weeks?!  Here's some stuff I have on my "to do" list for the week ahead:

• Finish up my mailing list of companies I want to contact before the show.  The promo postcards I designed last week should be arriving in the mail tomorrow, so I need to get them addressed and shipped out pretty quickly.  As this is my first time exhibiting at Surtex I think it's super important to get my name out there as much as I can before showtime.

• Finalize my booth panels.  I found this super helpful article on panel resources and now just need to commit to the designs that I want on the walls.  I feel this is an important step as I will have 5 printed panels to summarize my entire brand.

• Organize my portfolios.  I have a critique/review with a friend on Wednesday (Hi, L!) so I need to get what I have so far in a presentable format.  Knowing that I will be showing my work this week has also been a great push to get things done.  I feel that I work best when I have a goal or deadline, so mini deadlines along the way have been super helpful to keeping me on track.

• Design, Design, Design!  I feel confident about the work I have done so far, but would still like to complete a few more collections by the time I board the plane to NYC...

Whew!  Think that's all for now, off to start chipping away at that list...

XO,
Genevieve

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

What sweet, sunny little fluffies. Isn't it amazing how, no matter how crazy our lives get, dogs can make it all worth it? Good luck, G.

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Holy cow, Gen! I just watched that Surtex video and man, that looks awesome! I wish I could go and see all that! I am sooooo excited you're going to show your art there - you soooo belong there. Dang - just watching that video made ME nervous! Good luck this week! Let me know if you need any help whatsoever.

Missy said...

Buster is the best.