Monday, April 18, 2011

4 weeks and counting...

4 Weeks and Counting...

4 Weeks and Counting...

*Gulp*, one month to go...

I'm not gonna lie, my stomach dropped a little bit when I change the number on my studio board to "4" this morning.  I feel really good about the progress I've made so far for my Surtex design prep but I still have a ways to go on the big stuff (i.e. booth items, shipping details, etc.).  I hope to knock a big chunk of that off the list this week so we'll see how that goes...

Oh, and there's a peek at the postcards I'm sending out to companies before the show.  You might have noticed I also changed the design on my blog header and website to mimic the same (did I mention I have a website? I made myself quit procrastinating and tackle iWeb a couple of months ago to get the basics covered- it still needs a lot of work but in the meantime please let me know if you see any glitches or have any suggestions!).

Anyway, back to the postcard... Hubs just got a new truck so I talked him into hauling our furniture and a bunch of props into a nearby hay field for the photoshoot.  But first I had to talk him into calling the farmer that owns the field to see if we could get permission to go out there and photograph.  The convo went a little something like this, "Um, hello Mr. L, I was wondering if it would be ok if my wife and I went into your hay field.  You see, she designs stuff and she needs to photograph it and she really likes your field.  We can? Oh great, thank you so much!"  Yeah, I'm pretty sure he thinks we are crazy people.  But it worked out and I'm super pumped about the final product.  Good times...

Have a great week, Everybody...

5 comments:

Missy said...

Do work, Son!

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Super awesome job on the website!! How exciting!! I am so proud of you - and I love the back-story on the [lovely] postcard ;)

Erin [LUXE + lace] said...

The new header looks great. You're going to kill it at Surtex!!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks for the luv, y'all ;)

The Dreaming Bear said...

Hi! Everything looks great! Your postcards are beautiful, and I love the story behind them! Good luck at Surtex! I hope to make it next year! I bet you are psyched!!!