Monday, March 28, 2011

Before & After Wooden Painting

Before and After: Living Room Painting

Before and After: Living Room Painting

Before and After: Living Room Painting

Happy Monday Everybody!  I finally got my new painting hung in the living room and wanted to share some pictures.  This whole project started with a recent trip to Hobby Lobby.  At our store here in Athens they put together a row of broken merchandise that is marked down 90% off the original retail price.  When I saw the section of broken mirrors I immediately thought "JACKPOT"!  The pretty carved frame you see above was originally a mirror marked $199.99.  Yep, I got it for a mere $19.99!  After removing the broken pieces from the frame I took it to Lowes to have a piece of plywood cut to fit (cost was around $10).  I used the bare unfinished wood as my canvas and painted this Indian Princess inspired piece.  I couldn't be happier with the final outcome, and don't know if I'm more excited about how the painting turned out or that I only spent about $30 for the entire project!  I still have a couple of frames left (I purchased 3 total), so I will be sure to let you guys know what I end up doing with the rest...

Have a great week!
Genevieve

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Nice score on the frames too!

J.Crabbit said...

That is AWESOME. the painting looks great on the wood, and the frame for that price is amazing. I purchase so many frames that often buying them with something in them that I later replace is the way to go. congrats on a great finished project for a great price.

Bari said...

OMG, Genevieve. I love her! You are SO talented!

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Oooooh! So pretty! And what a great score. Looks like you have the house looking super cute, Gen!

Missy said...

Did Sandra help you with that price? haha!

angela | the painted house said...

What a pretty princess--and what a deal! I love this corner of your home. :)