Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! We actually ended up getting a good amount of snow here in Athens on Christmas night which hasn't happened since 1882!
Well, I have some exciting business ventures coming up in 2011 that I can't wait to tell you about. The first one is a new licensing deal I have with Calypso Studios. They are manufacturing reusable shopping totes with my designs on them as well as a line of jewelry. I was going to wait to share this news until I had the final samples in my hands, but when I opened up the new Gifts and Decorative Accessories today I was totally surprised to see the ad below! Calypso will have the new collection available for order (wholesale to retailers) at the Atlanta Gift Show in January, so if anyone out there will be attending the show please stop by!
I will share more pics soon when I have samples, and maybe even try to do a little giveaway ;). Here's to a happy and prosperous 2011! Now off to work on designs for 2012...
Monday, December 27, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
It was a nice surprise to sell a couple of brooches today as my little Etsy shop has been very bare and neglected lately! Thanks to ElleMoss for putting together this grouping that made it to the front page! Will be working on some new pieces so stay tuned... ;)
Monday, December 6, 2010
With all of the parties and gatherings coming up it definitely has me thinking of sparkly shoes and accessories! My Mother-In-Law takes my husband and I shopping before Christmas every year and then wraps up what we pick out, so I have a pair of super cute black glitter heels waiting for me under the tree! Maybe "Santa" will let me open that present early so I can wear them to a Christmas party next week ;)
1. Kate Spade, 2. Ban.do, 3. Badgley Mischka
Thursday, December 2, 2010
My friend Angie had a baby earlier this week, so I made her this locket to give to her in the hospital. I left a spot on the inside where she can add little Winston's picture. This project was super easy to do, so if you have any friends having babies soon and need a last minute gift, here is how I made this:
1. Find a locket with a space for a bezel. These can easily be found on craft supply sites or places like Etsy. Just do a search for "Locket and Bezel."
2. Measure the space where the bezel goes, and on the computer make 2 black circles in that size.
3. Type out in white the initial of the baby's first name on one circle, and the baby's full name and birthday on the other circle.
4. Print, cut, and glue into place.
5. Cover the inside piece with Plaid's Mod Podge Dimensional Magic (it makes the design look like it is under a piece of glass). Let dry and close the locket. Repeat coverage for the front piece and let dry.
6. Add a chain and/or beads of your choice (I used an antique gold chain approximately 35" long).
There you have it, easy peazy!