Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Before & After Nightstand Lamps

Before and After Nightstand Lamps

Before and After Nightstand Lamps

After finishing my dream bed I decided to complete the look with some pretty nightstand lamps.  I found a super cheap pair at TJ Maxx and figured I could spruce them up with something from my craft stash at home.  Then I remembered some fringe I had been hoarding... it came from a pair of curtains left in the house my brother purchased a couple of years ago.  The house was built in the 60's and still had a lot of the original decor- avocado green shag carpet, avocado green walls, avocado green curtains, etc.  The decor immediately went away when my brother bought the house, but my Mom chirped up before the curtains got tossed and said "Gen, look at that fringe! You might want to keep that for a project or something..."  Good call, Mom!

No comments: