Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Inspiration File

So the bathroom remodel project is still trucking along and I'm hoping to have some pictures to share very soon!  In the meantime my gears have also been turning about redoing the bedroom.  That's just the way my brain works- before I finish one thing I'm already on to the other.  It drives the Hubs nuts, but I really can't help it!  Anyway, I've been browsing through my "Home Inspiration" folder that I keep on my desktop and putting together images of my dream bedroom.  Here are a few images that I really, really love and have inspired me to attempt a custom headboard for my next DIY project!

Aren't these wooden headboards are TDF?!  They are so simple in design but make such a statement.

(Gustavian Bed by Remodelista)

(Image by Lindsey Smith on Design Sponge)

Now wouldn't it be cool to combine the wooden headboard idea with different color painted planks like this wall?  Ummm, yes, please!

(Source Unknown - If you happen to know the source of this image please let me know so I can give proper credit- thank you!!!)

Ok, to top off the look I think I must have this bedding... After receiving my shower curtain in the mail I am in love with Anthropologie even more now which I really didn't think was possible... not to mention I just signed a contract for some new licensed products (yay!!!) so I think a reward like dreamy new bedding is in order...  we shall see...


Sweet Dreams,
Genevieve

5 comments:

tiffguam.com said...

I LOVE those wooden headboards!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Stefanie Scarborough said...

TDF, indeed! And oh, my! The shower curtain certainly exceeds my wildest expectations. Hooray! I'm glad it finally arrived! That's super exciting. Also - *high five* on the contract, Gen!

Kaye Prince said...

Those wooden headboards rock! And have you seen the love letter bedding at Anthropologie? It is very cool!

Genevieve Gail said...

Oooh, yes, the love letter bedding was a close second!

Missy said...

You should try using www.pinterest.com - the images are linked to the website of origin. I love it for inspiration!