Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good Times...

This past weekend a group of us got together at my Dad's new place to go kayaking, hang out, and listen to our friend's new band play their first live gig...

River Bash 2010

River Bash 2010

Here's my friend "Poncho" floating back towards dry land after a couple of hours on the river...

River Bash 2010

Mom and friends inside the cabana enjoying the potluck food...

River Bash 2010

The 5 footer!  My job of this new kayak operation has been decorating the cabana.  I've only had abandoned/"repo" furniture from my Dad's storage units and a $200 budget to work with- thank goodness for spray paint and Target outdoor pillows!  It still needs a little more work, but it's come a long way from a set of gray cinder block storage units!

River Bash 2010

Everyone hanging out and listening to the band play...

River Bash 2010

Here are the guys getting their jam on...  They did really great for their first gig!  I made them a little banner thing to hang in the trees above the "stage."  Dad busted out the red Georgia Dawgs tent that totally clashed with my decor but that's ok- I'm sure they were more concerned with staying out of the sun that coordinating with my color scheme!  Oh, and I will have a tutorial for the banner coming up next so stay tuned!
River Bash 2010
Here's Brian and I towards the end of the evening (don't mind my crazy river hair).  We were so worn out by the end of the day, but overall it was an awesome time and I can't wait to do it again soon!  P.S.- if anyone is looking for cheap/cute Summer dresses, Wally World has really stepped up their game!  I bought that strapless purple dress for like 10 or 12 bucks last week...  Oh, and that "art" on the wall behind us is actually a group of melamine plates that I got from Target too for like $3 a piece- super inexpensive and also suitable for outdoors!
River Bash 2010
Hope y'all are having a great Summer!
XO,
Genevieve

1 comment:

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Love the pics!!!! Of course the one of me would be behind that counter...did I ever come out from behind there?! Geez! I wish somebody woulda yanked me out of there and said, "Stef - you don't have to stand there! People can do it themselves!" I hope that was the first of many River Bashes!