Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leather Jewelry: 30 Contemporary Projects

Leather Jewelry Cover

Leather Jewelry page 103

Check out Leather Jewelry: 30 Contemporary Projects by Nathalie Monru!  She was kind enough to feature my Antique Lace and Be Free leather cuffs on page 103- thank you so much, Nathalie!  I will be working on a new batch of these cuffs for my Etsy shop soon, so if you would like to put one on reserve feel free to shoot me an email .

As a side note, I also thought I would share how this book feature came about.  It was about a year ago and I was contemplating whether or not to join Twitter.  I had heard good things about it as far as promoting business, social networking, etc. but didn't know if I wanted to add another "thing" to my list of daily activities- not to mention I was wondering if I would even have enough to write about (and now I'm up to almost 2,000 random tweets)!  Anyway, I told myself I would try it and if I didn't like it or feel it was worth my time then after a week I would just shut down the account (aka become a Twitter Quitter for all you Conan O'Brien fans).  So I opened my account and decided to post about a new batch of leather cuffs I had just listed in my shop.  When I woke up the next morning I had an email in my inbox along the lines of "my coworker saw your cuffs, I'm working on a leather jewelry book, would you be interested in submitting your work?"  Ummmm....YES PLEASE!  I've always loved craft and jewelry books and hope to one day even write my own, so this is like a dream come true to be featured!  So, I'm just putting it out there for anyone on the fence about getting involved in social networking sites- it never hurts to try something new and it might just result in a really cool opportunity that you might have otherwise not come across! (But for now I think I'm the last person on the planet that still refuses to join Facebook...)

Sending good vibes out there today to anyone pursuing their creative endeavors!!!

3 comments:

Kaye Prince said...

Congratulations Genevieve! This is so cool!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks, Kaye!

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Holy crap! That's exciting! Yay, Genevieve!!! I'm a Twitter quitter, though ;) i still can't figure that stuff out!!