Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fish Tale

Big Fish Painted

The River

The Bluebird

In front of the Kayak Cabana

So the reason I've been painting the 5 footer is to help my Dad decorate his new Kayak Cabana!  Somehow my brother talked him into starting up a kayak business on the river that runs behind his shop.  I mean, sure, why not?  You see, when people ask me what my Dad does for a living it usually takes me about 10 minutes to explain and I usually end up looking like a crazy person- "Well, umm, he sells cars, rents storage units, rents limos, does sports photography, and has a mini RV park for UGA football games..."  So now kayaks will be added to the list.  I think it's a safe bet to say he is where I get my entrepreneurial spirit from!  I am excited about this new venture though, especially since the weather is starting to get super nice here in Georgia.  I like outdoorsy stuff so I think this whole kayak thing will be a lot of fun.  Oh, and the best part?  He let me talk him into painting the doors and the ceiling of the building turquoise!  Once we get the fish installed on the back wall I will share a picture of how the final space turned out...  So, if you are ever in the Athens area and want to take a trip down the river, just hop in the old Bluebird and you will be shuttled upstream to float back down the Oconee...  Think we are going on a "test run" this afternoon, so more to come...

Happy Saturday!
Genevieve

3 comments:

Paige Stanley Miller said...

Hi Gen,

What a cool idea! Can't wait to see the finished fish! Am a big cabana person myself. May send my nephew Troy your way as he will be going to grad school in your area!

Have a Happy Easter,
Paige

Stefanie Scarborough said...

I am so excited about this! Keep us posted - we would love to come out and get on the river! AND see your fish ;) Man - you're getting gooood at the Hipstamatics - that second one down is amazing!!!

Mary said...

That sounds totally awesome! Best of luck to your dad on his new venture!