Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was jam packed full of adventure, just the way I like it!  Hubs and I got up early Saturday and decided to run our first 5k... I'm definitely not a runner but I'm trying to get in shape, not to mention the race was benefiting one of my favorite charities, Athens Habitat.  My running time was pretty horrendous, but I'm just glad I crossed finish line!
Easter Weekend 2010

After our run, we decided to celebrate with some friends at our favorite breakfast place, Mama's Boy.  The Peach French Toast did me right, and I decided to splurge on one of their t-shirts with the cute tricycle logo...
Easter Weekend 2010

After breakfast I talked Hubs into some Antiquing.  We had a good time and I got to visit some shops I have always wanted to check out down the road in Bishop, Ga...
Easter Weekend 2010

Then I got a call from my Dad.  He said The Fam was going on a test run down the river so I decided to join in on the fun (even though by this time I was feeling pretty tired from the morning's 5k).  The weather was perfect and the river was pretty smooth except for one area of shoals/rapids.  Everyone got stuck on the shoals except for me- I was feeling pretty good about showing up my 22 year old little brother so when all caught up with eachother at the next part of the river I was all "Ha ha, I was the only one that didn't get stuck! I went the whole way through without flipping too..." Then all of a sudden, BAM!  My kayak hit a stupid rock that I didn't see because I was running my mouth and I totally flipped my kayak.  Oh, and did I mention my favorite Target turquoise sunglasses that I was wearing and the brand new Mama's Boy t-shirt I had in the back of the kayak flew off and sunk to the bottom of the river?!  So I was watching my stuff sink, trying to keep my balance and hold onto my paddle and kayak while the current was pulling them away from me, trying to flip my kayak over so I could get back into it, trying not to cut my feet up on the rocks below since I had forgotten my sandals and decided to go barefoot, and most importantly trying not to drown all at the same time.  Somehow I finally managed to get myself back into the kayak, get to dry land, and was home and sleeping like a baby by 8pm (I never go to bed that early!)...
Easter Weekend 2010

After a great night's sleep the Hubs and I got up and met The Fam at church for Easter Sunday.  We then went back to my parents house where Mom had prepared an excellent Brunch in honor of the holiday and two of my brothers' birthdays that were a few days prior...
Easter Weekend 2010

After chowing down on some great food, Hubs talked me into going to the local driving range to hit a few balls.  Golf is definitely not my thing, but he is totally obsessed with it so I was trying to be a good sport and play too.  It's A LOT harder than it looks, and I am going to need a ton more practice if I'm ever going to try and play on a course!  We only stayed at the range about 30 minutes because we had to scoot on over to the other side of town to meet his Mom and brother to catch the 5:00 showing of Clash of the Titans.  The movie was ok, not great, and as usual the original was better.  So that about wraps it up...  A pretty exhausting weekend, but one of the best ones I've had in a while!  What did you guys do?  Any adventures?!
Easter Weekend 2010

♥ Genevieve

4 comments:

Bess Carter said...

I bet my husband was at the same driving range Sunday....and today too. The Masters always inspires him to do such things :)

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Whew! Just reading that post wore me out! ;) That was DEFINITELY an action-packed weekend! Sorry about your spill! You and your luck :(
Saturday I spent WAY too much $ at Lowes, got a tomato plant, and re-potted some plants. Then we had a family dinner and card game. Sunday was church, brunch at Square One (YUM!!!), playing in the creek with the nephew, and two Easter egg hunts! What a great weekend! Awesome weather! p.s. Mark has been talking about going to the driving range, too - double date soon??

Mary said...

I may have to pass on that kayaking invitation after an adventure like that. It'd be just my luck that I'd lose my prescription Kate Spade glasses to the river! Tell you what, I'll bring up my husband to golf with yours and the two of us can brunch at Mama's Boy and go antiquing instead. :)

Genevieve Gail said...

Sounds good, Ladies!