Sunday, March 21, 2010

How to Know If You've Been on the Front Page of Etsy

Etsy Front Page 07/20/09


Etsy Front Page 11/23/09

If you are a seller on Etsy and have a sudden jump in people that "heart" your shop or sell a more-than-usual amount of items in one day, chances are you've recently been on the front page.  There used to be a Flickr group that cataloged the front page screenshots but it looks like it's no longer around.  I did a little googling this afternoon and found The Vault.  You can type in your shop name and if you have been on the front page since last March it will show you the date you were featured as well as other items your piece was shown with.  For me this seems like a good way to do market research and see which items people are the most drawn to, so if you have an Etsy shop you might want to check it out!

P.S.- If you are a seller on Etsy, how are you feeling about it these days?  I feel like it's slowing down a little and have heard about a lot of people closing shop lately...  Curious about your thoughts on this...

2 comments:

sewfunbymonique said...

I haven't been featured on the front page yet, :( Maybe some day!! Sales have still been good in my shop, praise God! I'm sure yours will continue on because your stuff is unique & gorgeous!

RANCHO COCOA said...

If you have My Etsy on FaceBook it posts on your wall saying you were featured on the front page. It is neat cos otherwise I would not know! It is nice to see your friend's Etsy shops come up as featured, too.

Now if only I could get a Treasury... that thing is ALWAYS full!

My Etsy shop is going good and is busy. I think people who shop Etsy have a keen eye and are really looking for unique handmade goodies.