Monday, March 15, 2010

Before & After Tote Bag

Tote Bag Before

Tote Bag After

My brother is getting married this May and I'm so excited!  I'm also in a friend's wedding in April, so that means between now and May I have a wedding shower to go to pretty much every weekend from here on out.  This past weekend was no exception.  I had purchased a gift for my brother and future-sister-in-law's shower that was on Saturday and was thinking I had some tote bag samples at the house to put their gift in.  (When I was working full time for a gift company, tote bags were my all-time favorite product to design and I got to keep boxes and boxes of my samples- turns out they got packed up and put into storage...)  Good thing I saved the shopping bag from American Eagle the other week.  I added a little scrapbook paper, a button, some hot glue gun action and voila!  Instant gift tote for less than $1!  Not to mention it's "green," right?  So, save those shopping bags for last minute gift wrap!  Craft on, Sistas...

P.S.- forgot to mention earlier that I used the Martha Stewart Scallop Blade Rotary Cutter for the paper edges.  I absolutely love this tool and you can find one here (the handle and straight blade come separately)

3 comments:

Amy Priddy :||: Priddy Creations said...

Very cute! Love it!

Jessica Levitt said...

So cute. I hate to waste bags like that, and had never thought to revamp them. I must get one of those cutters...

BuenoBueno said...

so cute!!!