Monday, March 22, 2010

Before & After Button and Brooch Art

Before and After Button and Brooch Art

Before and After Button and Brooch Art

Before and After Button and Brooch Art

My future Sis-in-law and I went to a local Antique shop this past weekend and found some really cool stuff.  I saw this funky frame for only $4 and knew I had to have it!  I wasn't so crazy about the floral print that it came with but I figured I could probably come up with something to spruce it up.  Then I remembered this post on design sponge about turning your notions into art!  I had some great buttons from my last Quilt Market trip and an old brooch I had been holding onto for the right project.  I took some green paint and covered up the flowers, dry brushed some brown paint around the edge, distressed with sandpaper, then hot glued the brooch and buttons into place.  Voila!  A fun little piece that ended up costing about $15!

Oh, and the beautiful "Dreams" print in the center of the wall is from thewheatfield.  Her work is gorgeous!  I bought the frame for 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby (about $19) and added the turquoise paint and distressed finish to go with the rest of my decor- another inexpensive project that is super easy to do!

Happy Crafting,
Genevieve


1 comment:

The Dreaming Bear said...

Love the buttons and brooch artwork! Clever idea!