Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Friday!

My First Quilt
I received a blog comment last night asking how to make the flowers seen here and here.  Unfortunately I only made the quilt, and I purchased those shoes in NYC a few years back with the flowers already attached.  I do want to learn how to crochet though, so if I end up learning how to make pretty flowers I will definitely let you know!

In the meantime I found "100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet" on Amazon that looks like a great reference...


The paper roses were made for me by a friend as a wedding present.  She made them from my extra wedding invitation envelopes (cute!) but I'm not sure how she pieced them together...
Accessories Nook

But I did find a youtube video last night that I thought looked like a simple and pretty way to make paper roses...


Happy Friday!
Genevieve :)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I am in love with that quilt! Beautiful!

I am so glad I found your blog. Yay! A fellow UGA fan! ; )

Genevieve Gail said...

Thank you for stopping by, Caroline! Go Dawgs!

Lpdawg23 said...

I have that '100 flowers' book!! It's wonderful!!