Saturday, January 2, 2010

Call to Artists: Home Is Where the Heart Is 2010

Call to Artists: Home Is Where the Heart Is 2010

A couple years ago my friend Heather and I decided to get a little art auction together to benefit the Athens Area Habitat for Humanity Women Build.  We are now on year 3 of the "Home Is Where the Heart Is" event and once again looking for artists to participate.  If you or anyone you know would like to create a piece of artwork for the silent auction by February 8th please send me an email (genevieve_gail@yahoo.com) or contact Habitat's Public Outreach Director (laura@athenshabitat.com) for more details.  In previous years the artists decorated small wooden houses, but this year we are opening it up to any medium/style/shape/size as long as it fits the theme "Home Is Where the Heart Is" in some way.  The event will be held at Hotel Indigo on February 18th from 5:30-7:30pm.  Please help spread the world for this wonderful cause!  Thanks so much...

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Adorable little homes! Good luck with your fundraiser!!!

Bess Carter said...

ooooh, I might be interested! I will tell one of my best art teacher friends about it too. I will be exhibiting in an art teachers of Clark and Oconee show at Athens Academy in January. I will let you know when I know more about the opening reception. I haven't done this since college! I needed a kick in the pants to make "real art" again.

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks Valerie!


Thanks Bess! Yes, please keep me posted about your art show too- that's awesome!