Sunday, November 29, 2009

Before & After Cell Phone Charger Box

Cell Phone Charger Box

Cell Phone Charger Box

Cell Phone Charger Box
As promised, here is what is inside the green box!  I think I remember seeing some type of DIY project in Real Simple or Martha Stewart like this years ago using a shoe box...  Anyway, I was going through some old stuff a couple weeks ago and found this decorative paper box that wasn't quite my style.  I painted it green, distressed the edges with some brown paint, and then cut a couple of holes in the back.  Then I strung the charger cords through the holes and voila!  Now we don't have cords and phones laying all around the house!

6 comments:

Lory said...

What an AWESOME idea! I'm adding this to my list of to-do's. Thanks for sharing!

Bess Carter said...

I love this idea, Genevieve! Hobby Lobby always has these boxes during the holidays and puts them 1/2 off all the time. I painted and collaged one up for my neice at Christmas last year and put her American Girl's name on the front to be her suitcase for her accessories. She loved it! I hate all the cords all over our house. I need to do this to wrangle some of them! Happy Holidays!

Jennifer said...

Love that you made it green!!!!!!! love Kaffes fabric under there!!!
love when you come by!!

Missy said...

I hope Buster helped with this project.

Genevieve Gail said...

He did help! Ha! He manages to get in the middle of everything!

Lisa said...

Very clever! What a great idea! I have been looking at charging boxes and they are all so "utilitarian" in look. I have to make one of these!