Friday, October 30, 2009

GET YOUR CRAFT ON: Mermaid Halloween Costume

Mermaid Crown

Mermaid Crown

Hey Guys!  As usual I waited until the last minute to finish my Halloween costume this year.  Thought I would post this free tutorial/pdf of the mermaid crown I made in case anyone else is scrambling to pull something together!  Or maybe you can have it as a head start for next year...  Just click on the illustration below and it will give you a larger version that you can print out with instructions.

To complete the mermaid look I would suggest a fish tail skirt and some seashell jewelry.  The skirt I am wearing was a plain blue one I bought at the Goodwill for around $4.  Then my friend and I cut the bottom into a fish tail shape and hot glued sparkly fabric scales all over it.  I was able to find some seashells already strung into necklaces at Michael's for a pretty good deal too.  Now just put some glittery makeup on your face and you are all set!

Happy Halloween,
Genevieve :)


4 comments:

Natasha said...

Hi,
I was trying to print out your cute mermaid crown for my daughter but can't seem to find how to download it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I realize that your post is from a year ago, but thought I should mention that I figured out how to print. Click on the crown, which will take you to a new window. Then right click on the crown, and click "save picture." After I saved it as a jpeg I could print it. Hope that helps someone else!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thank you for posting this comment, "Anonymous"! Yes, I still get emails from people having trouble printing so I hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anonymous for the tip and Genevieve for the crown!!