Monday, September 28, 2009

My First Quilt

My First Quilt

My First Quilt

My First Quilt

Whew!  That was a lot of work.  Finished my very first quilt, and I must say I definitely have a new found respect for quilters!  I have always admired quilts from afar- I love the color combinations, patterns, textures...  This past Spring at Quilt Market I was especially blown away by the talent I saw.

For Fall Market I had to come up with a quilt idea to incorporate my new "Gypsy Garden" fabrics.  Windham even offered to have someone sew it for me, but I wanted to give it a whirl and see what this quilting stuff was really all about.   I decided to go with a "rag quilt" to compliment the distress look of my fabrics and feel of the line.  Now this quilt is not perfect by any means, and I really hope nobody looks at it up close (ha!), but I am so happy I did it.  Big props to youtube instructional videos, Starbucks, and a steady stream of iTunes playlists for getting me through...

Oh, and if you haven't entered the giveaway be sure to do so by Wednesday for your chance to win free stuff...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That is really gorgeous! Nicely done.

Amy said...

Cute!!

Lisa said...

Great job! The quilt is darling.

Sonia said...

Lovely quilting skills..One request please, can you give a tutorial for that beautiful fabric rose here and also the paper roses on your jewelery nook? They look so cute and gorgeous!