Saturday, August 1, 2009

Treasure Hunting

Thrift Store Finds Aug. 09

Thrift Store Finds Aug. 09
Today the Hubs and I had the best time around town!  Started the morning off at the local Farmer's Market, then went treasure hunting at a couple different Thrift Stores.  Scored 4 brooches and a coffee table for $20!  I have some big ideas for these guys so stay tuned...  The only bad part of the day was when this apothecary cabinet that we spotted got snatched up before we had a chance to make a final decision on whether we wanted to buy it or not.  It was so cool- multiple drawers with glass front panels so you could see what was inside- would have been perfect for my art supplies.  Can't believe someone bought it when I wasn't looking- I'm going to be thinking about that stupid cabinet all day!  Oh well, wasn't meant to be I guess...  Now time to buckle down and finish up a few design projects before the weekend is over...  Hope y'all are having a good one!


1 comment:

Scott at the Blue Nickel said...

I so know what you mean about missing something because you took too long to think about it...but sometimes you have too...although...I am still missing those cobalt blue Fiesta cups and saucers from the Montana antique store for $5 each...back in 1990...so yeah, I know the feeling...sigh..