Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Before & After Art Studio Desk

Before & After Art Studio Desk

Desk Area in my Art Studio
Decided to spruce up the 'ole desk when I was redoing my studio.  I got it at Walmart when I was in college, and it has actually held up pretty well it just wasn't very cute.  The biggest problem was that my computer, scanner, and printer could barely fit on top without something hanging off the edge.  So I put the Hubs to work removing the top and cutting a large piece of thick plywood about a foot longer to replace it with.  I filled in the edges of the plywood with wood putty and gave the whole thing a few coats of green paint.  Then I distressed the edges and sealed it with polyurethane.  Finished everything off with some pretty glass drawer pulls I found at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off!  They were a great find and I say the total for everything to do this project was less than $40- a whole heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new desk!

P.S.- Notice my Etsy Art Wall is now Turquoise?!  Wish the lighting was a little better, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great redo!

Mary said...

Loving your studio redo and all the little touches that make it very "you."

lil songbird mama said...

what a great space! will you come over to my house to help me??

Genevieve Gail said...

Sure, Ansley! Will work for soap and wine ;)