Monday, June 29, 2009

Making it Personal...

Jewelry Packaging

One of the things I love about shopping on Etsy is knowing that what I buy is coming from an artist just like me.  Someone sitting in their studio, making items that they love to share with other people.  I really appreciate it when the seller includes a little note or personal touch that reminds me that this item is coming from an individual- not a big box chain store- and that they put a lot of time and thought into making their item.

I made some new thank you tags over the weekend by stamping a tiny wren onto pretty Tiffany Blue cardstock.  I plan on personalizing the notes with my new Martha Stewart writing pen (man, her crafting supplies are so nice!) and including it in my packages along with a business card.  I have found that business cards are essential when it comes to packaging.  A lot of my sales come from referrals of past customers so I think it is important to include at least one business card with all of my orders.  I place my jewelry into environmentally friendly recycled gift boxing and tie it all together with a raffia bow.  Hopefully these little extra touches let my customers know that I have put a lot of time into each piece and that I appreciate their business!

No comments: