Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weekend Sewing with Heather Ross





Came across this really fun challenge posted by fabric designer, Heather Ross.  She just came out with a new book called "Weekend Sewing" (it looks awesome) and is holding a contest to win a signed copy along with a box of fabric!  The challenge is to come up with a Summer wardrobe using ideas from her book, but you don't actually have to sew (unless you want to)- you can also do it scrapbook style or even use Photoshop like I did above.  To get the rest of the contest details go here

UPDATE:  Totally forgot to put the item links on here!  Sorry!
Fabrics can be found at purlsoho.com 
Pants can be found at anthropologie.com
Flats can be found at thevintagecloset.etsy.com
Bikini and shorts can be found at jcrew.com
Wedges can be found at target.com
Floppy hats can be found at mjscreativecoverings.blogspot.com
And my jewelry is at genevievegail.etsy.com

2 comments:

Bess Carter said...

Gorgeous Genevieve! You are so great with Photoshop! I will take one of each outfit! Thanks for the link on the Athens craft fair. My mom (the hatmaker) is doing the Cotton Pickin' Fair that weekend but I may do the Athens show with a friend!

Genevieve Gail said...

Thanks Bess! Yes, you should definitely do the Athens show! Please tell your mom hello for me and that I'm still lovin' the hat :)