Friday, February 6, 2009

Habitat for Humanity Benefit - Home Is Where The Heart Is (Sneak Peek #1)



Habitat for Humanity is something I've always been interested in and wanted to help with in some way.  I'm not much of a builder but I wanted to do something...  So a little over a year ago I came up with an idea to get local artists to decorate little wood houses and auction them off for money.  I pitched the idea to a friend of mine on the Habitat board, and a few months later it became a reality!  We decided to call the event "Home Is Where The Heart Is" and tie it together with Valentine's Day.  It was held a local Athens bar with food and live music and the best part is we were able to raise over $3,000 in just 2 hours!  The Habitat folks asked us to do it again this year so here we are...

The event will take place at the Lyndon House on Friday, February 20th from 6-8pm.  All of the houses will start at around $20 and bids will go up in $5 increments so you can get an awesome piece of local art for a great price!  So, if you live in the area and want to get out and support your local Athens Area Habitat for Humanity come on out!!!  We will have hors' devours and a cash bar and then you can grab a great dinner downtown afterwards.  There, I just planned you the perfect Friday night date- ha ha.  Oh, and if there is anyone interested in donating but can't make it to the event please shoot me an email and I can get you in contact with the Athens Area Habitat for Humanity peeps.

(Above is one of the houses I just finished for the upcoming event.  I will post sneak peeks of my other 2 next week...)

No comments: