Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bianco Carrara Bathroom






Since leaving my Art Director job a few months ago I have started designing kitchens, baths, and other rooms using tile.  It's actually a little bit similar to what I was doing when I was designing gift products- I am still dealing with color, texture, scale etc. but just in a different way.

I recently had the pleasure of working with an awesome client, Madge, and here is how her bathroom turned out!  Above you can see the final pictures along with some of my preliminary sketches.  We used a combination of 4x4 Bianco Carrara marble, 12x12 Bianco Carrara marble, Bianco Carrara marble pencil liners, 3x6 white subway tile, 4x4 white square tile, and bands of multi marble penny rounds.  For the blue wall color Madge took a Tiffany's jewelry box and had the paint store match it.  How cool is that?  I think taking a classic look and adding a modern twist made this bathroom so much fun!

If anyone lives in Athens, Atlanta, or surrounding areas and wants to update your kitchen or bathroom let me know!

1 comment:

lillyella, uniquely you said...

wow - its awesome! I love those little tiles. nice job lady!