Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6 Random Things (and a Prize at the End)



I've been tagged by the awesome jewelry maker, Nicole of LillyElla, to share 6 random things about myself so here it goes...

1.  I absolutely HATE for my food to touch.  Maybe I should get some cute plates like this to solve my mental problems...

2.  I wore cowboy boots to my wedding.  Sure my mom wasn't a fan at first, but she ended up liking the idea towards the end and at least I didn't trip down the aisle in any "fancy" weddings shoes! (Which for anyone who knows me it totally would have happened if I had worn heels that day!)

3.  Speaking of weddings, I ended up getting the flu for my entire honeymoon!  The last night we were there I was finally feeling better, so my husband and I went out for a nice lobster dinner since I hadn't been able to eat all week.  Turns out I'm allergic to lobster, so the entire 2nd week of my marriage consisted of hives and having to take steroids.  Nice.

4.  I used to live half of my life in China.  Not really, but I did have to travel there multiple times a year during my last job as an Art Director.  It's an interesting place for sure, but the 24+ hour plane rides to get there were awful!

5.  I'm right handed but left footed.  That is, back in my high school soccer days when I could kick a mean left-cross ;).  Not so much anymore...

6.  Ok, I probably shouldn't admit to this one, but the first cd (or was it a tape??? probably a tape back then...) I remember buying with my own money was New Kids On the Block Funky Funky Christmas.  Wow, did I really just tell the whole world that?!  At least my music taste has improved since then (or at least I'd like to think so!)...

Ok, so now I'm supposed to tag 6 people but I really can't think of 6 to ask at this moment (my brain hurts after coming up with my own random facts), so how about an open call to comment on this post about your first embarrassing (or maybe not so embarrassing) tape or cd purchase!  Then I won't feel so bad about mine- ha ha.  The worse the better!  Or maybe you have always been a cool chick and had good music taste :).  And why not make things interesting???  Let's say my favorite comment gets a free ring from yours truly...  You've got 'till this Friday at noon EST to post...   Yay for free stuff!

7 comments:

lillyella, uniquely you said...

I just love reading peoples facts and learning when I have a lot in common with someone!

My fiance hates his food to touch as well, and he eats all of one thing at a time...

My mom actually told me to wear cowboy boots for my wedding...

I am right handed but do everything else left handed! Cartwheels, throwing, eating...

Never been to china but I did own Funky Funky Christmas!

Thanks for playing along! I have to think about what other tapes I purchased as a child...

the.VINTAGE.blog said...

this was an AWESOME post by the way!!!......her i go with my comment:

for our honeymoon my husband and i camped across the country, stopping by all the "famous" sightseeing places...(i didn't wear cowboy boots but i DID get sick!!! keep listening)...we finished our honeymoon in vegas at the mandalay bay honeymoon suite. the next day we went to visit my husband's sister who lives outside of vegas...this was the first time i met her. i got sick, probably from vegas food and not only vommited ALL over her bathroom, but also squirted diarrea everywhere...YUCK! & SERIOUSLY who has white carpet, WHITE CARPET on their BATHROOM??? my husband had to go out and rent a carpet cleaner to clean my vommit & crap off his sisters brand new home bathroom floor! what LOVE...i bet he thought it would be many years before he would be changing my diaper...for better or WORSE right from the start!

whoa, sorry for writing a book! but i would REALLY love a ring to match the ring we traded for...do you remember??? how are those pink pumps treating you?

Krista said...

The first music I ever owned was Parallel Lines by Blondie - and I still think it's great.

The embarrassing part is that it wasn't an album or a cassette...it was an 8 - Track. Does anybody remember those?? Yikes!

Bess Carter said...

My first tape was "The Chipmunks Sing the Beatles". It was not until last year that I remembered that I had that tape and I loved that it taught me who The Beatles were AND I knew all the words to their most popular songs. So, I checked on EBay to see if anyone was selling it and it was like $100! I had a collectors item! Who knew? I also think I had a "Right Said Fred" and an "EMF" cassette...I know...lame.

Elizabeth said...

You know you miss China!

I definitely bought a Bonnie Raitt tape when I was about 8, then my first cd was Mariah Carey "Fantasy". I have to admit, I still like it :)

mel*~reachforthestars~* said...

HMM! My first cd purchase was actually "Evanescence Fallen" which is really VERY embarrassing for me as i've only been listening to songs on the radio!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? My first cd was bought in high school!! I must be the most boring person!! Surely poor me would deserve one of your fabulous rings? HAHA! Just kidding! It'll be great if im the lucky one!

Cheers,
Melody
mel_88_88 at hotmail dot com

lillyella, uniquely you said...

Oh gosh. ok Im back to this! I dont know if it was my first but I was OBSESSED with my Kriss Kross Totally Krossed Out cassette! i could still rock that album hard core. oh man, I think I even used to put my clothes on backwards and jump around